LDT is a legume value chain coordinating body aimed at ensuring that there is meaningful and effective collaboration among legume value chain players. The LDT uses the value chain approach to engage all players in the sector. The value chain approach was considered strategic in consolidating all efforts for meaningful sector development. Meanwhile, the LDT is focusing on four main legumes(groundnut, beans, pigeon peas and soybeans) but its mandate is to provide a strategic forum and enhance collaboration among stakeholders covering the whole legumes sector in Malawi.
Farmers Union of Malawi (FUM)
Farmers Union of Malawi (FUM) is an umbrella body of farmers’ organization in Malawi. It was established in 2003 to;
Provide a collective voice of farmers in Malawi
Bring visible platform for interaction among and between farmers and farming stakeholders
Act as a vehicle for collective action and to lobby for all farmers in Malawi.
Young Innovative Farmers (YIF)
Young Innovative Farmer (YIF) seeks to change the status quo in the agricultural sector. Young farmers believes they can fulfil it’s noble duties through this platform as it seeks to:
1. Enhance productivity among young innovative farmers in agriculture and Create a platform for decision making and modelling of young innovative farmers.
2. Enhance access to market and market information among young innovative farmers.
3. Unleash the agribusiness and marketing skills among young innovative farmers.
4. Create a conducive environment in which young innovative farmers enterprises can grow and graduate into highly commercialised agribusiness firms.
5. Promote the associated multiplier and trickledown effects from this platforms creation of small agribusiness enterprises, jobs, and huge bleeding bed for futures agro processing firms and expanding the tax base.
The Civil Society Agriculture Network (CISANET)
The Civil Society Agriculture Network (CISANET) is a grouping of civil society organizations established in 2001 to facilitate the engagement of the civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the agriculture sector with Government over policy issues affecting the sector.
The Malawi Round Table for Sustainable Beef (MRSB)
The Malawi Round Table for Sustainable Beef (MRSB)Platform was formulated as a multi-stakeholder initiative, envisioned with thesustainable production of quality beef that meets the domestic and international demand. It ultimately aims at transforming the Malawi beef value chain into a commercial and competitive industry through leadership, innovationand multi-stakeholder engagement.